Friday, 8 January 2016

The Returned...




Why return to blogging after an absence of three years you may ask?  It's a good question, and the simple answer is that it just feels right.  I've always been a bit of a social animal, and so blogging always held an appeal for me as it combined several of my favourite things - writing, photography, styling and chattering on about the world of interior design and country living, but quite frankly, the move to rural isolation and suddenly not having work colleagues to 'bounce' ideas off on a daily basis meant that I eventually lost my 'voice' for a while.  My children had settled into their new surroundings with perfect ease, my husband was busy commuting to London, and my friends and family only required the occasional chat and visit once the initial novelty of our 'Big Move' had worn off.  Suddenly, I needed to swap sitting at a computer and 'chatting' into the ether, for actually 'getting out there', meeting people and actually doing stuff that stopped me becoming a hermit!



And so, in the past three years, I have started an interior design course at KLC School of Design; I've rented a unit at a local 'Shabby chic to Antique' emporium where I sell painted furniture along with vintage and decorative items; I've plotted and planned various ideas for an on-line business (more of which soon) and I've discovered Instagram - which I absolutely ADORE - and where I have 'met' some of the most wonderfully supportive and like minded people who have given me the confidence - and the 'voice' - to start blogging again.   So here I am - full circle  - and I am incredibly excited to get nattering on again - be warned!  

SHARE:

15 comments

  1. A warm welcome back Paula. I will look forward to reading your posts. It seems like a number of bloggers are returning to writing. I also took a short sojourn but am not returned too.
    Wishing you a great New Year
    Helen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahhh - Helen - how lovely to hear from you! It's taken me a while to get my blogging Mojo back after a couple of false starts, but I'm feeling very positive about it now, so long may it last!! Happy New Year and looking forward to catching up with you too. xxx

      Delete
  2. Lovely to get your email in my inbox. I had enjoyed your posts in the past and look forward to more in the future !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your encouragement Zoe - it's lovely comments like yours that make it all worthwhile! have a great day. xxx

      Delete
  3. It was a lovely surprise to get an email update - I so enjoyed visiting your blog & getting inspiration from your beautiful home.

    Children seem to adjust quickly to change & it is often us ladies who have to find our voice & niche. Painted furniture & vintage wares sounds lovely while the design course will channel your natural talent ...

    Look forward to regular updates again ....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you SO much Dee, and you got it in one with the children, change and finding my niche! It's taken a while, but I'm bursting with inspiration now, so hopefully onwards and upwards! Enjoy your day. xxx

      Delete
  4. I follow you in instagram and I am glad you are back blogging again. Love your style..

    All things nice...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you SO much for your encouragement - such a lovely thing to say. Have a great day! xxx

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. Thank you SO much Alison! It's actually how lovely it's been on instagram that encouraged me to come back to blogging! I found myself saying more and more on the instagram captions and thought that perhaps that wasn't the best outlet for several pages of A4!!! xxx

      Delete
  6. Wow! Welcome back Paula :o)
    I'm hoping to get my head back to blogging mode after only posting occasionally in the last 12 months. Looking forward to reading your posts.
    Very best wishes
    Rose H
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Rose, How lovely to hear from you! It's funny how the desire to blog ebbs and flows isn't it? I'm feeling quite enthused about writing again - I hope you are too - in the mean time i'll be heading over to yours to see what i've missed! Best wishes, xxxx

      Delete
  7. It is fabulous to find you are back! Your new adventures sound fascinating...looking forward to your future posts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Bonnie - I've missed blogging, so it will be a delight to be able to chat to you all again! xx

      Delete
  8. I had wondered where you had gotten to...welcome back and I look forward to following along! Sharon

    ReplyDelete

© The Hill House Diaries. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig